Monday, June 8, 2009

Military Mind ft. Erro- cuz we felt like it

Photobucket


Download it here:http://www.zshare.net/audio/61128785d44f772b/



here ya go:

SO, being on the road with Eric Roberson most of last year and this year, we both discovered that we are ridiculous hiphop heads. Most listeners of our music can probably tell the influence, and really, who aint in this generation, huh?

But no, we're really kind of anal about it. Most people who have checked out some of my shows, acoustic or not, have heard me spit something at some point or another, I keep a 16 on deck, not to mention the AOL sessions. As for Erro, he's sick with the freestyle, but he usually keeps it in song form, making it melodic as well as rhythmic, making it doubly hard. I actually think he can take most emcees out off the top, definitely upper echelon when it comes to that. I don't do that well, I have to sit my ass down and write LOL.

But I knew it was in us, and I had this beat laying around that my man Dana Johnson had cooked up, when he flipped this African tune called "make it fast, make it slow" by a guy named Rob. I gave it to him in this compilation I had called Africa 100-chock full of gems, that thing! Eric and I were arguing about the merits of one rapper to the next, and I said, "nah, this dude right here is killing all of em!", then I put on my verse. He kinda lost it and said he wanted to get on it with me (which was the desired effect LOL), and I sent it to him ASAP. One morning I woke up, and it was in my inbox! when I heard his verse, it made me want to go back in and add another verse, sheeit! So now we have what you hear here, which is simply put, a hell of a lot of fun!

SIDENOTE-I also have a verse from my Chitown representative 4eyes, who is a MONSTER! I just thought it would be a nice treat for those who are down with the movement Erro and I have been cooking up this past year or so- stay tuned, we'll release the 4eyes verse for you as well.


And yes, we promise, we will do one where we are singing too LOL, I suppose. Music's supposed to be fun, right?

P.S.S.-- That's really ME in that military pic- Ahhh, those were the days- I fought for YOUR FREEDOM SO PICK UP MY ALBUM- ACEY DUECEY IN STORES NOW- LOL

3 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of both you and Eric. What's up with a show in Los Angeles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the track :) Plus, I was looking for B-more on that schedule...I know I will see it there soon..lol

    Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!! Both of you are great! Work it out fellas!

    ReplyDelete